Saturday 10 November 2012

Book the 67th

There is no bookshop in Melbourne Central; this makes me very sad. What there is, however, is the littlest library, which makes me very happy indeed.
Sounds like something from Lemony Snicket.
The idea is very simple- you can take any book you like, no need for membership, and then just return it when you're done. Or, if you want to keep it, you can bring another book that you don't want anymore and do a cosmic balancing act.
I have no idea how many books are stolen every year from this place, but I think it's the name that makes it; you just can't disappoint something called the littlest library- it'd be like skinning a cat (naturally, you can disappoint the library in a multitude of ways). 

In other news, I should be working now, minx that I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment